Meet the Famed Creative Dream-Team Bringing You “Scrooge!”
Arizona Theatre Company’s production of Scrooge! promises to be a magical and heartwarming experience, thanks in no small part to the incredible talents behind the scenes. The creative team responsible for bringing this timeless holiday classic to life is a group of seasoned professionals, each with a remarkable list of career accomplishments. Let’s take a closer look at the individuals responsible for making this production a reality.
Leading the way is Kasser Family Artistic Director Matt August. Matt is no stranger to holiday blockbusters, having directed the Broadway production of Dr. Seuss’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas, which broke box office records and has been touring ever since 2008.
Choreographer Spencer Liff is an Arizona native returning to the state with an extensive resume of impressive credits.
- Spencer was a resident choreographer on the hit FOX TV series So You Think You Can Dance for 10 seasons.
- He choreographed the critically acclaimed Deaf West Broadway Revival of Spring Awakening and the Tony Award-winning Revival of Hedwig and the Angry Inch.
- Spencer has numerous TV credits including Dancing with the Stars, How I Met Your Mother, 2 Broke Girls, The Emmy Awards, and The Oscars.
Alan J. Plado, Music Director for Scrooge!, is a true veteran of the musical theatre scene.
- Alan was the conductor for the Broadway national tours of Beautiful: The Carole King Musical, Dirty Dancing, Jersey Boys, Legally Blonde, Elf The Musical, and Memphis.
- His Broadway credits include Disney’s Beauty and the Beast, and Kinky Boots.
- Plado also serves as the Music Supervisor for Menopause The Musical, and internationally he was the music director/arranger for the show on the West End (Shaw Theater) and in Dublin, Ireland.
Revised and additional orchestrations and arrangements for Scrooge! are being done by the illustrious David O.
- David has worked on many Broadway shows including Mr. Saturday Night, the World Premieres of Soft Power (Ahmanson Theater), 13, Harps & Angels (Mark Taper Forum), The Trumpet of the Swan (Kennedy Center), Hippolytos and Helen (Getty Villa), Summersounds at the Hollywood Bowl (LA Philharmonic), and Sleepless in Seattle: the Musical and Breaking Through (Pasadena Playhouse).
- He also has many film credits including License to Wed and Bronies: The Extremely Unexpected Adult Fans of My Little Pony.
- David was the Choral Composer of A Map of Los Angeles (LA Master Chorale) and One With the Wind (Vox Femina).
Scenic Designer Jason Ardizzone-West adds a wealth of talent and experience to the Scrooge! Creative team.
- Film/TV/Concerts credits include Jesus Christ Superstar Live (NBC – Emmy Award & Art Directors Guild Nomination).
- He has designed sets for National Tours including Blue Man Group and Bullets Over Broadway.
- Jason has also designed for Florence + The Machine (dance fever tour); Pentatonix (Christmas tour); and Adele Live in New York City (Radio City Music Hall, NBC).
Costume Designer Elizabeth Caitlin Ward is a multi-faceted contemporary artist with international experience. Some of her major design work includes:
- Eiko Ishioka’s International Design Team for the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games Opening Ceremonies.
- Sundance Film Festival – Dark Matter (Staring Meryl Streep).
- The Flying Machine Company/Cirque de Soleil.
Paul Miller illuminates the ATC stage with a plethora of Lighting Design credits spanning Broadway to Netflix.
- Paul has been responsible for lighting up Times Square on New Year’s Eve for 23 years.
- Paul has been the Lighting Designer for five Broadway shows, and the Associate/Assistant for another 22.
- He has worked on TV shows such as Evil (CBS & Paramount+), Live from Lincoln Center, 23 Netflix specials.
Cricket S. Myers is a Tony-nominated Sound Designer who is ready to make this holiday spectacular sound as magical as the story itself.
- Cricket earned a Tony Nomination and a Drama Desk Award for her design of Broadway’s Bengal Tiger at the Baghdad Zoo.
- She has earned 24 Ovation Nominations, as well as winning The Ruth Morley Award from the League of Professional Theater Women.
- Some of the regional theatres she has worked at include Pasadena Playhouse, Berkeley Rep, and St Louis Rep.
In conclusion, the Arizona Theatre Company’s production of Scrooge! is set to be a magical and heartwarming experience, thanks to the extraordinary talents behind the scenes. Led by the Kasser Family Artistic Director, Matt August, and brought to life by a seasoned creative team, this timeless holiday classic promises to be a showstopper. Choreographer Spencer Liff, Music Director Alan J. Plado, Scenic Designer Jason Ardizzone-West, Costume Designer Elizabeth Caitlin Ward, Lighting Designer Paul Miller, Sound Designer Cricket S. Myers, and orchestrator David O. all bring a wealth of experience and a remarkable list of accomplishments to this production. With their combined expertise and passion, Scrooge! is sure to captivate audiences and become a cherished part of the holiday season. Don’t miss the opportunity to be part of this extraordinary theatrical experience, where the magic of the holidays comes to life on the stage.