What to Expect In-Person at ATC
In response to county infection data, our theatre physician, feedback from audiences, and protocols implemented by peer organizations, ATC is implementing the following protocols for The 55th Season Our protocols will continue to evolve and will remain flexible in order to be ready serve the needs of our community. We will follow all health and safety guidelines laid out by the state and our union partners regarding masks, cleaning procedures, and all COVID-19 protocols to ensure the safety of everyone in the theater during the 2022/23 season.
Updated information about safety requirements will be communicated to ticket holders as show dates approach through our “Know Before You Go” email communications.
Thank you for your flexibility in safely navigating live theatre once again. We look forward to seeing you at the theatre!
Masks are optional in the theatre. If you feel sick, please stay home and notify the Box Office for performance alternatives.
If you are interested in socially distanced balcony seating, please contact the Box Office for seating alternatives.
Tickets & Programs
- Tickets will be scanned using touchless scanners.
- Program Guides will be offered in print and digital format. Printed Program Guides will not be reused.
- All pre and/or post show events, such as the Prologues and Post Show Discussions, will be digital until further notice.
- A designated, pre-screened, Manager or Usher will be assigned to assist patrons who need assistance getting to their seats.
ATC On Demand
For ticket holders who are unready to return to the theatre, The Lion & The Wickhams: Christmas at Pemberley, The Glass Menagerie, Pru Payne, and The Legend of Georgia McBride will be professionally recorded on Opening Night. This means that any ticket holder can experience live theatre from the comfort of their own home.
- Cleaning and disinfecting is scheduled after each performance at The Temple of Music and Art and the Herberger Theater Center.
- Hand sanitizer stations are located throughout the lobby and at entrances to the theatre. Patrons will be encouraged to frequently sanitize their hands where hand washing is not possible.
Air Purifiers & HVAC
- Air purifiers have been installed throughout the theatre at The Temple of Music and Art.
- Improvements have been made to the HVAC system at the Herberger Theater Center.
Click here for ATC’s Re-Opening Guide & Safety Plan
As a League of Resident Theatres (LORT) member, Arizona Theatre Company is among 75 theatres nationwide that work with three national unions to produce plays and musicals with top-quality professional casts and crews. We are benefited by the experience and expertise of our fellow theatres across the country and have actively participated in discussions to ensure the health and safety of our audiences, artists and staff. ATC produces six unique productions each season and is the only LORT theatre in Arizona as well as the only theatre in the country that presents in two cities.
ATC realizes that requirements may change as the season unfolds and will continue to monitor recommendation from the CDC, state and local government as we work to provide a safe environment for our guests. We encourage you to check this page for the most recent Health & Safety Policy.