What to Expect In-Person at ATC
Throughout the pandemic, Arizona Theatre Company has consistently followed guidelines recommended by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) to ensure the safety of our cast and crew, staff, and audiences. With COVID-19 cases declining significantly in Arizona, and in alignment with new guidelines recently released by the CDC, ATC will be adjusting the requirements for patrons while attending performances at our theatres.
Updated information about safety requirements will be communicated to ticket holders as show dates approach through our “Know Before You Go” email communications.
Thank you for your flexibility in safely navigating live theatre once again. We look forward to seeing you at the theatre!
What To Bring
We strongly recommend that patrons wear masks in the theatre, but it is no longer a requirement.
Tickets & Programs
- Tickets will be scanned using touchless scanners.
- Program Guides will be offered in print and digital format. Printed Program Guides will not be reused.
- All pre and/or post show events, such as the Prologues and Post Show Discussions, will be digital until further notice.
- A designated, pre-screened, Manager or Usher will be assigned to assist patrons who need assistance getting to their seats.
ATC On Demand
For ticket holders who are unready to return to the theatre, all Mainstage plays (excluding “Nina Simone: Four Women” due to musical rights) will be professionally recorded on Opening Night. This means that any ticket holder can experience live theatre from the comfort of their own home.
- Cleaning and disinfecting is scheduled after each performance at The Temple of Music and Art and the Herberger Theater Center.
- Hand sanitizer stations are located throughout the lobby and at entrances to the theatre. Patrons will be encouraged to frequently sanitize their hands where hand washing is not possible.
Air Purifiers & HVAC
- Air purifiers have been installed throughout the theatre at The Temple of Music and Art.
- Improvements have been made to the HVAC system at the Herberger Theater Center.
As a League of Resident Theatres (LORT) member, Arizona Theatre Company is among 75 theatres nationwide that work with three national unions to produce plays and musicals with top-quality professional casts and crews. We are benefited by the experience and expertise of our fellow theatres across the country and have actively participated in discussions to ensure the health and safety of our audiences, artists and staff. ATC produces six unique productions each season and is the only LORT theatre in Arizona as well as the only theatre in the country that presents in two cities.
ATC realizes that requirements may change as the season unfolds and will continue to monitor recommendation from the CDC, state and local government as we work to provide a safe environment for our guests. We encourage you to check this page for the most recent Health & Safety Policy.