Field Trips: In-Person & ATC On Demand
Student Matinees allow us to share the live theatre experience at low or no cost to young people throughout Arizona. This year, ATC is offering in-person field trips in both Tucson and Phoenix for select shows. Additionally, for the first time, ATC is offering ATC On Demand for schools to watch mainstage shows in their own classrooms.
The learning doesn’t stop when the curtain comes down. Each Student Matinee performance is followed by a post-show discussion with members of the cast and ATC staff, and informative Play Guides are available for teachers to enhance their students’ understanding of each play.
Classroom Experiences and Workshops are back!
ATC artists work together with educators and administrators to curate an experience that will fulfill the needs and desires of the students.
Ways you can bring ATC to your school:
- Arts Integration – Using STEAM methodology, students will engage in the creative process of theater within a core classroom to deepen their understanding in both subject areas. Click here to learn more about how Arts Integration and STEAM can benefit learners.
- After School Programs – Need help starting a drama club? Want a guest director for one of your school productions? Teaching Artists will partner with your school to bring professional level support to your after-school drama programs.
- Masterclasses – Our most flexible option, Masterclasses could look like anything from a one- time Intro to Improv workshop, an acting workshop from one of the actors performing with us, a Zoom call with an award winning playwright, and more!
*These are all examples of programs we’ve done before! Each experience is completely customizable to the specific school.
To start designing your Arizona Theatre Company experience, send us a message at email@example.com.
Teacher Preview Night
Teacher Preview Night is an opportunity for educators to preview a production before their school group attends the Student Matinee performance. Teacher Preview Nights are scheduled on the first preview for each show (Saturday evening) in Tucson and the second preview for each show (Friday evening) in Phoenix.
Educators who have already booked Student Matinee tickets will be given priority. Each invitation must be RSVP’d by filling out the associated online form. Remaining tickets will be limited and are on a first-come, first-served basis. When tickets have run out, educators can request to be added to a wait list.
Educators must meet the following requirements to receive the Teacher Preview Night invitation:
- Currently teaching for an Arizona public, private, charter or homeschool group
- On our email list for all education programming
- Zero previous “no shows” for the last 2 Teacher Preview Nights
You can sign up for our Educator Email List to receive regular updates: TUCSON | PHOENIX